Enlightenment Led To The Holocaust
So Says Penny Nance
This is UNBELIEVABLE, to say the least. The religious-right-wing has become the most preposterous purveyors of absolute lunacy and they keep getting more deranged and out-&-out silly with each passing day (minute). We seem to think that their outrageousness means nothing and will not hurt anyone but their senselessness is reaching a point where it is starting to sound menacing. This woman, Penny Nances prattle that Reason led to one of the most horrific crimes of any century is not only monstrous, it's unsubstantial (putting it extremely mild)! Who is she preaching to? Fox News has become synonymous with WHACKO and its about time, someone (maybe with some power) tells them so. Their viewers (America) deserve so much more. thinkingblue
MORE HERE: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/02/fox-news-guest-scientific-enlightenment-and-reason-led-to-the-holocaust/
More Think Atheirst Here :http://www.thinkatheist.com/
WHAT EXACTLY IS MORAL RELATIVISM?
What a difficult subject to research, any so called answers you come across are subjective and quite personal to each person or oganization who tries to explain (objectively) exactly what is meant by Moral Relativism. I had a very hard time trying to pick the one that suited ME for Pitys Sake. I finally decided on this one (below) although ME, MYSELF and I, still have problems with it.
What is relativism?
Archbishop Piero Marini closes the door of the Sistine Chapel for the conclave There was no way in for moral relativism at conclave
Shortly before he was elected pope, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger delivered a withering denunciation of relativism. For those unfamiliar with even the blunter points of philosophy, what was he driving at?
Moral relativism is the idea that moral principles have no objective standard, so states its dictionary definition.
In its extreme, the view that there are no hard and fast rules on what is right and wrong, on which values are set and should be fought for.
It is in contrast to absolutism, that there is one truth.
One man's meat...
Relativism is "Different opinions, no one authority, and as many 'truths' as there are people or societies or cultures advancing different ways of doing things," says Simon Blackburn, Professor of Philosophy at Cambridge University.
It is easy, he says, "to give relativism a slogan: Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. One man's meat is another man's poison." And when that is applied to ethics, then goodness, virtue and duty also lie in the eye of the beholder. MORE HERE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4460673.stm
Richard Dawkins Ten Commandments, from his book The God Delusion, is the credo I like best. thinkingblue
- Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you.
- In all things, strive to cause no harm.
- Treat your fellow human beings, your fellow living things, and the world in general with love, honesty, faithfulness and respect.
- Do not overlook evil or shrink from administering justice, but always be ready to forgive wrongdoing freely admitted and honestly regretted.
- Live life with a sense of joy and wonder.
- Always seek to be learning something new.
- Test all things; always check your ideas against the facts, and be ready to discard even a cherished belief if it does not conform to them.
- Never seek to censor or cut yourself off from dissent; always respect the right of others to disagree with you.
- Form independent opinions on the basis of your own reason and experience; do not allow yourself to be led blindly by others.
- Question everything.
PS: I wish Penny Nance would read these commandments as well as her ilk, there at Fox News. They could possibly learn what being NICE is all about.
$$ Mitt Romney Style $$